Sunday, January 22, 2012

Burgers à la Jess


I tend to think that some things are best done yourself. Or, myself, to put it more arrogantly and correctly.

When I make burgers I like to grind my own chuck steak (Elliot took the honours this time) and add nothing but salt and pepper to a good half-pound patty. Potatoes are hand-cut, skins left on and deep fried properly. That is; twice, at different temperatures with a rest in between. 

In this photo I didn't bake my own buns for lack of time, but given 36 hours notice a nice batch of toasted sourdough can't be beaten. All the toppings aren't visible in the photo but the way I like it is mayonnaise, ketchup, dijon mustard, a slice of cheddar, a slice of bacon, a sliced dill pickle and some diced raw onions. That's it. Lettuce can stay the hell away from my burger. Don't even get me started on beetroot.

No comments:

Post a Comment